Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Info via Hypebeast
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
I just wonder how they are able to pay these dudes Multi-Millions to play a game. when at the same time our government had pass a bailout to somewhat help us through this recession. I don't really get that, so if you have any insight on this subject please feel free to shed some light on me.
Also yes i know it takes talent to do what they do, but their are a hella lot of "US" out there that could do that same thing so the fact that they get paid millions to play something they love is BONKERS.. yeah yeah yeah they worked hard to get there, but what about the other who didn't get that chance? Their fault right?
this could go on and on lets talk about this
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
- Earth Day
- Brazil - Discovery Day
- Abel McAedh
- Acepsimas of Hnaita and companions
- April 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- 1500 - Portuguese navigator Pedro Álvares Cabral becomes the first European to sight Brazil.
- 1509 - Henry VIII accedes to the throne of England after the death of his father.
- 1529 - Treaty of Saragossa divides the eastern hemisphere between Spain and Portugal along a line 297.5 leagues or 17° east of the Moluccas.
- 1836 - Texas Revolution: A day after the Battle of San Jacinto forces under Texas General Sam Houston capture Mexican General Antonio López de Santa Anna.
- 1863 - American Civil War: Grierson's Raid begins – troops under Union Colonel Benjamin Grierson attack central Mississippi.
- 1864 - The U.S. Congress passes the Coinage Act which mandates that the inscription "In God We Trust" be placed on all coins minted as United States currency.
- 1889 - At high noon, thousands rush to claim land in the Land Run of 1889. Within hours the cities of Oklahoma City and Guthrie are formed with populations of at least 10,000.
- 1898 - Spanish-American War: The United States Navy begins a blockade of Cuban ports and the USS Nashville captures a Spanish merchant ship.
- 1912 - Pravda, the "voice" of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, begins publication in Saint Petersburg.
- 1915 - The use of poison gas in World War I escalates when chlorine gas is released as a chemical weapon in the Second Battle of Ypres.
- 1930 - The United Kingdom, Japan and the United States sign the London Naval Treaty regulating submarine warfare and limiting shipbuilding.
- 1944 - World War II: Operation Persecution initiated – Allied forces land in the Hollandia (currently known as Jayapura) area of New Guinea.
- 1945 - World War II: Prisoners at the Jasenovac concentration camp revolt. 520 are killed and 80 escape.
- 1945 - World War II: Fuehrerbunker: After learning that Soviet forces have taken Eberswalde without a fight, Adolf Hitler admits defeat in his underground bunker and states that suicide is his only recourse.
- 1954 - Red Scare: Army-McCarthy Hearings begin.
- 1964 - The 1964-1965 New York World's Fair opens for its first season.
- 1969 - British yachtsman Sir Robin Knox-Johnston completes the first solo non-stop circumnavigation of the world.
- 1970 - First Earth Day celebrated.
- 1972 - Vietnam War: Increased American bombing in Vietnam prompts antiwar protests in New York City, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
- 1983 - The German magazine, Der Stern claims that Adolf Hitler's diaries were found in wreckage in East Germany.
- 1991 - The Social Democratic Party of Albania is founded.
- 1992 - In an explosion in Guadalajara, Mexico, 206 people are killed, nearly 500 injured and 15,000 left homeless.
- 1993 - The Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC is dedicated.
- 1993 - The web browser Mosaic version 1.0 is released.
- 1994 - Kansas reinstates the death penalty
- 1997 - Haouch Khemisti massacre in Algeria - 93 villagers killed.
- 1997 - The Japanese embassy hostage crisis ends in Lima, Peru.
- 1998 - Disney's Animal Kingdom opens at Walt Disney World near Orlando, Florida, United States.
- 2000 - In a pre-dawn raid, federal agents seize six-year-old Elián González from his relatives' home in Miami, Florida.
- 2000 - The Big Number Change takes place in the United Kingdom.
- 2000 - Second Battle of Elephant Pass, Tamil Tigers launched this attack to capture this strategic Sri Lankan Army base, captured it and held it for 8 years, biggest military debacle in the history of the Sri Lankan military.
- 2004 - Two fuel trains collide in Ryongchon, North Korea, killing up to 150 people.
- 2006 - 243 people are injured in pro-democracy protest in Nepal after Nepali security forces open fire on protesters against King Gyanendra.
- 2006 - Four Canadian soldiers are killed 75 kilometers north of Kandahar, Afghanistan by a roadside bomb planted by Taliban militants, the worst single day combat loss for the Canadian army since the Korean War.
- 2008 - United States Air Force retired the remaining F-117 Nighthawk aircraft in service.
Earth Day 2009, April 22, will mark the beginning of The Green Generation Campaign which will also be the focus of the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day in 2010. With negotiations for a new global climate agreement coming up in December, Earth Day 2009 must be a day of action and civic participation, to defend The Green GenerationTM’s core principles:
- A carbon-free future based on renewable energy that will end our common dependency on fossil fuels, including coal.
- An individual’s commitment to responsible, sustainable consumption.
- Creation of a new green economy that lifts people out of poverty by creating millions of quality green jobs and transforms the global education system into a green one.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
You are about to expericence somethin so cold man
We never had nothing handed took nothin for granted
Took nothing from no man, man I'm my own man
But as a shorty I looked up to the dopeman
Only adult man I knew that wasn't broke man
Flickin starter coats man, man you don't know man
We don't care what people say
This is for my niggas outside all winter
Cuz this summer they ain't finna to say next summer I'm finna
Sittin' in the hood like community colleges
This dope money here is Lil Tre's scholarship
Cause ain't not tuition for having no ambition
And ain't no loans for sittin your ass at home
So we forced to sell crack rap and get a job
You gotta do something man your ass is grown
The second verse is for my dawgs working 9 to 5
That still hustle cause a nigga can't shine off $6.55
And everybody selling make up, Jacob's
And bootleg tapes just to get they cake up
We put shit on lawaway then come back
We claim other people kids on our income tax
We take that money cop work then push packs to get paid
And we don't care what people say
Momma say she wanna move south
Scratching lottery tickets eyes on a new house
Around the same time Doe ran up in dude's house
Couldn't get a job
So since he couldn't get work he figured he take work
The drug game bolemic its hard to get weight
So niggas money is homo its hard to get straight
But we gonna keep baking to the day we get cake
And we don't care what people say
You know the kids gonna act a fool
When you stop the programs for after school
And they DCFS some of them dislexic
They favorite 50 Cent song's 12 Questions
We scream rock, blows, weed park
See now we smart
We ain't retards the way teachers thought
Hold up hold fast we make mo' cash
Now tell my momma I belong in that slow class
Its bad enough we on welfare
You trying to put me on the school bus with the space for the wheel chair
I'm trying to get the car with the chromie wheels here
You trying to cut our lights out like we don't live here
Look at whats handed us fathers abandon us
When we get the hammers gone and call the ambulance
Sometimes I feel no one in this world understands us
But we don't care what people say
The Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer of the Roc
I take my chain my 15 seconds of fame
And came back next year with the whole fuckin game
Ain't nobody expected Kanye to end up on top
They expected that College Dropout to drop and then flop
Then maybe he'd stop saving all the good beats for himself
Rocafella’s the only niggas that helped
My money was thinner then Sean Paul go tee hair
Now Jean Paul Gautier cologne fills the air
They say he bougie he big headed
Would you please stop talking bout how my dick head is
Flow infectioues give me 10 seconds
I'll have a buzz bigger than insects in Texas
Its funny how wasn’t nobody was interested
Till the night I almost killed myself in Lexus
Now I am
Now was Kanye the most overlooked? Yes sir
Now is Kanye the most overbooked? Yes sir
Do the fans want the feeling of A Tribe Called Quest
But all they got left is this guy called West
That’ll take Freeway throw him on tracks with Mos Def
Weather you call him Kweli or Kweli
I put him on songs with Jay-Z
I'm the Gap like Bannana Republic and Old Navy
And ooh! it come out sweeter than Old Sadie
Nice as Bun B when I met him at the Source awards
Girl he had with him ass could have won the horse awards
And I was almost famous
Now everybody love Kanye I'm almost Raymond
Some say he arrogant can yall blame him
It was straigt embarrassing how yall played him
Last year shopping my demo I was trying to shine
Every motherfucker told me that I couldn't rhyme
Now I could let these dream killers kill my self esteem
Or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams
I use it as my gas so they say that I'm gassed
But without it I'd be last so I ought to laugh
So I don't listen to the suits behind the desk no more
You niggas wear suits cause you can't dress no more
You can't say shit to Kanye West no more
I rocked 20,000 people I was just on tour nigga!
I'm Kon the Louis Vuitton don
Bought my mom a purse now she Louis Vuitton mom
I ain't play the hand I was dealt I changed my cards
I prayed to the skies and I changed my stars
I went to the malls and I balled too hard
Oh my God is that a black card
I turned around and replied why yes
But I prefer the term African American express
Brains, power and muscle like Dame, Puffy & Russell
Your boy back on his hustle you know what I been up to
Killin yall niggas on that lyrical shit
Mayonaisse color Benz I push miracle whips
And I am